OSHA Requirements and Training Resources for Eagan MN
The State of Minnesota operates a State OSHA Program (MNOSHA) that regulates OSHA training and other compliance matters in Eagan MN. The Minnesota Occupational Safety and Health program is administered by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry. The department’s Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Division is responsible for compliance program administration, conducting enforcement inspections, adoption of standards, and operation of other related OSHA activities in MN.
MN OSHA Training Regulations and Standards
Minnesota OSHA generally adopts Federal OSHA standards by reference, including OSHA training requirements for employers located in Eagan MN. With the exception of the standards listed below, all Federal OSHA standards for General Industry (29 CFR Part 1910) and Construction (29 CFR Part 1926) have been adopted by Minnesota OSHA. Minnesota OSHA has also adopted state-specific standards which address hazards not covered by Federal OSHA standards.
Major differences between federal and MNOSHA regulations include:
- Employee Right-to-Know is enforced by MNOSHA instead of the federal Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200). Employee Right-to-Know covers harmful physical agents and infectious agents as well as hazardous substances and requires annual refresher training in addition to initial training. The rule covers employees in general industry, construction, maritime operations, and farming operations with more than 10 employees or a temporary labor camp.
- Permissible Exposure Limits (29 CFR 1910.1000 – Air Contaminants). In 1989, federal OSHA revised its PELs under 1910.1000, which MNOSHA adopted. Although federal OSHA has since reverted to the pre-1989 PELs, MNOSHA still enforces the 1989 PELs for substances that are not covered by separate standards. (These are available on the MNOSHA website.)
- Confined spaces (29 CFR 1910.146 and Minnesota Rules 5207.0300-0304). For general industry, Minnesota OSHA has adopted the federal Permit-Required Confined Spaces standard, 29 CFR 1910.146. For the construction industry, Minnesota OSHA enforces Minnesota Rules 5207.0300-0304.
- Lockout Devices in Construction. MNOSHA has adopted its own lockout/tagout standard for the construction industry. This standard is in addition to 29 CFR 1926.417, Lockout and Tagging of Circuits, and the portions of 29 CFR 1926 Subpart O, Motor Vehicles, Mechanized Equipment and Marine Operations, which address the control of potential energy. Employers in general industry must comply with 29 CFR 1910.147, Control of Hazardous Energy.
- Additional MNOSHA requirements. Minnesota OSHA has also adopted standards covering topics not addressed in federal OSHA standards.
All standards are available on the MNOSHA website. Links to see federal OSHA training requirements for construction and general industry are available below on this page.
Minnesota OSHA Information
St. Paul, MN 55155
TOLL FREE: (877) 470-6742
OSHA Training Resources
OSHA Training Conducted at Your Site in Eagan MN (see available courses below)
On-Site OSHA Training Classes IN Eagan MN
Request a proposal for osha training in Eagan MN
Disclaimer: This information was obtained from the Federal OSHA website. OSHA Training Services Inc. makes every effort to ensure that the information on this page is accurate and up to date, but changes in state law and procedures affecting the information on this page are beyond our control. Contact OSHA program staff directly to verify important information about OSHA training requirements in Eagan MN.